Mark D. Goodman, a resident of West Bloomfield, Michigan, died on August 21st, 2021 at the age of 77. Funeral services arranged by The Dorfman Chapel.
- Family Members:
- On the beautiful summer morning of August 21, Mark Goodman passed away surrounded by his loving family. Mark was born January 25, 1944. A native of Michigan, Mark grew up in Detroit and graduated from Oak Park High in 1962. He attended Wayne State University for both undergrad and Law School. Mark specialized in family law and was recognized by the State Bar of Michigan as a 50-year honoree in 2019. Mark was proud of his Jewish heritage and supported its many charities. He was also an avid Detroit sports fan with a lifelong love of the Lions. Mark married Brenda Goodman in 1991. They shared a passion for family, friends, golf and travel. They enjoyed Detroit culture including the DSO, DIA and Detroit Chamber Society as patrons for many years. Their Palm Beach vacation residence was a second home for many years. Mark’s love of family was boundless and his kindness, dedication and sense of humor will be missed by all who knew him. He is survived by his loving wife Brenda of 30 years, son Adam (Stacey), grandchildren (Noah, Sydney), stepson, Ben Kash, brother, Dr. Charles Goodman, sister, Ellen Taub and many loving cousins, nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his mother, Rose Dunner Covel, father Albert Goodman and late wife, Sarah Sylvia Goodman. A wide circle of family and friends will miss him deeply.
- Location of Service:
- Date of Service:
- Monday August 23rd, 2021
- Time of Service:
- 1:30 PM
- Interment at:
- Beth El Memorial, 28120 6 Mile Rd, Livonia, MI
- Rabbi Jennifer Kaluzny
- Shiva Information:
- The family will be sitting from 6:00PM until 8:00PM at Temple Israel, 5725 Walnut Lake Rd. West Bloomfield MI 48323 Phone: (248) 661-5700
- Charitable contributions:
- The American Cancer Society
2000 Town Center Suite 19000
Southfield, MI 48075
Phone: (248) 663-3400
or the American Jewish Congress
191 Montauk Highway Southampton
Water Mill, NY 11976
Phone: (212) 879-4500
or to the THE SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER
400 Washington Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36104
- Email Condolences:
- If you would like you can send a condolence message via email to the family
- View the broadcast of the service:
- A video recording of the service is available. View the service.
- Yahrzeit Schedule:
Mark was a great guy, and a great attorney. He was always upbeat and a straight shooter. I remember going on whitewater rafting trips many years ago. He is missed!!!